Thursday, September 17, 2009

This Game I Play

Last night I didn't sleep, I napped.

I've got a paper due in a few hours, and a test only a few hours after that, so I spent last night from midnight til four studying, (on the gushers reward system,) and then I got up at eight to go revise, edit, and print my paper before class.

I'm not usually, or ever, up this early before I actually have to be somewhere. I always have, and always probably be a 10 minutes before hand, hit snooze I'd rather look crappy kind of a girl. Hence, I never see my early rising residents in the bathroom.
I've got a great community bathroom relationship with the other 10-minute scrubs; but the little cute ones with dance classes, and boyfriends... not usually on my groggy, early morning agenda.

So I stagger into the bathroom take care of some first thing after a nap business, and then approach the sinks to brush my teeth at the only open sink.
Apparently, I have many early risers.
This means I was surrounded by cuteness, with my I-slept-on-wet-hair hair and my study-hangover. Whatever.

I'm so grumpy.

I stick my toothbrush in my mouth at the same time as my adorable, half-ready already sink neighbor.
I begin to brush.
She begins to brush...

This is where my weirdness truly reveals itself.
I have this game where I cannot quit first, or I will seem dirty.

I am a scrub, but I am not dirty! So I must continue to brush so long as she is brushing.

A minute passes.
So refreshing, and minty.

Two minutes.
I start to rap "So Fresh and So Clean, Clean" in my head.
Still feeling good. Lovin' this little act of hygiene.

Three minutes.
She begins to wear me down.
I think she knows my game...
The toothpaste is so rubbed in, that there is almost none left to brush.
But I know her kind, she wants be to give up.
She wants me to give in...

Pushing four minutes...
My mouth and tongue are starting to tingle.

Four minutes and twenty-nine seconds.
She FINALLY decides to spit.

First of all, Dang Gina, what are you, the MARATHON RUNNER of tooth brushing?
And second of all, what did you DO with that mouth yesterday to have to brush your teeth for four and a half minutes?

This Blog's Big Advice:
Don't Play This Game with Other People Who Play This Game.