Monday, November 2, 2009

Fair Warning

Quite frankly, I've always loved pranks.
I think they're hilarious, and I take them as well as I dish them out.

This was no different.

I'm the RA on the 3rd floor, and for some time I've been discussing with some of my co-workers how to improve entire-hall community, and we thought that a prank war would be perfect. Floor vs. Floor Pranks.
I was initially going to organize the first hit, but as always, I got distracted by something more immediate and never followed through.
Wow, what a shock, Abbey didn't finish a project.

I thought this was going to be one of those "lets go on a road trip," or "lets do community service" ideas that was just going to drop off of the side of the earth into the oblivion of good, but un-pursued plans.

As it turns out, a ton of people were pursuing the plan all around me.
There was a 5 man conspiracy to keep me away from the dorm on Sunday.
Though I usually stay away after church because I spend my time napping and watching 30 Rock with my boys, I still should've noticed the red-flags in their forms of secret phone calls and out of place text messages concerning my where-abouts. (Honestly, I didn't read into the anything too much because whore island is officially borrowing Guitar Hero, so I couldn't blink, or look away from the TV, or step down off of the coffee table long enough to read a full text message.)

By the time I returned to my room at approximately 9:14pm, I'd gotten got.
I walked into the lobby to find some 6th floor girls wrapping everything in foil.
Thinking I'd foiled their plans (da da chhhh) with early arrival I called out condescendingly, "I'm going to go in my room and I'm just gonna let ya'll finish."
Alas I opened the door to the real prank.

E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. I own is wrapped in foil.
Individually.

Picture frames, pencils, keys, books, DVDs, coins, pillows, my furniture, my bed, my closet, my fridge, my trinkets, my headbands, my speakers, my phone, the cord, the rug, the window, robbie's blanket pallet on my floor, my bunny, my drawers, a bobby pin, my toothpaste, a sock, everything. (Except as you can see, my dirty towels, and the snuggie. The dirty towels would've locked in yucky moisture, and everyone has more respect for the snug than to try and wrap it up like leftovers.)

IT WAS AWESOME.

Easily the most intricate prank I've ever seen.
All I did when I saw it was turn to the girls in the lobby and give them high fives, because they earned at least that for a job well done.

I've been unwrapping things as I have need for them, but for the most part, I want the prankstresses to get their glory from this for a while, because it is very, very impressive.

Alas, they did start a war that they're going to lose.
I am a Martinkus.
You don't turn my room into a spaceship and not get pay back.

First I give you High Fives.
Then I give you what you gave me but 10 times worse.
Watch It.