I feel like it's well established that many Christians are morons.
Prosperity gospel preaching clowns for example. Or naive, socially awkward fundamentalists that impose their standards on people that don't know Christ. And snobby, rich, white Christians that only interact with other people of equal or greater economic value.
Prosperity gospel preaching clowns for example. Or naive, socially awkward fundamentalists that impose their standards on people that don't know Christ. And snobby, rich, white Christians that only interact with other people of equal or greater economic value.
Obviously we're all going to fall short, time and time again, in some way or another, (hence the need for the gospel,) but it seems like if we're walking with Christ he would be slowly purging us of our stupidity.
For some reason or another that doesn't always happen.
On the whole, we Christians have issues extending the grace that we've received, and instead of presenting the world with Christ's love, we usually confront them with judgement and spiritual supremacy.
But Pat Robertson really went above and beyond the call of embarrassingly skewed logic in his recent comments regarding the disaster in Hati.
It is no wonder that our faith is a joke to the world with ignorant men like Robertson representing us in the public forum.
Anyways,
This is a Re-Post from the NPR blog. (Click the link for the original page.) That I found both insightful and entertaining.
This is a Re-Post from the NPR blog. (Click the link for the original page.) That I found both insightful and entertaining.
The 'Devil' Writes Pat Robertson A Letter
By Frank James
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune published a letter from Satan to evangelist Pat Robertson, responding to his comment that Haiti's persistent troubles, including the earthquake, are due to a pact the nation made with Mephistopheles.
Actually, it wasn't Satan who wrote the letter but Lilly Coyle of Minneapolis writing in the persona of the hellish one.
I think she got it down pretty well. What say you?
Dear Pat Robertson,
I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action.
But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher. The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished.
Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake. Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"?
If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll.
You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract.
Best, Satan
LILY COYLE, MINNEAPOLIS
LILY COYLE, MINNEAPOLIS
Satan is right.
I think that America might be the one in trouble.
Uhhh Ohhh...
